Monthly Subscription Boxes





Okay, I'm gonna be really honest for a quick second, I love those monthly subscription boxes for one reason and one reason only. And that reason is that when you first sign up for most of them, you get a major discount on your first box of whatever it is the company is selling. And while I probably should not be admitting this online, I pretty much always cancel the subscription right after I get that first discounted box. However, there has been one that I still consistently subscribe to and have kept my membership after that first discounted box. So I decided to compile a little list of subscription boxes that I have tried out and really enjoyed.


I will admit, because most of these subscriptions sell things I don't really absolutely need, there is only one subscription that I have continued to subscribe to every month. However, there have been a couple where I have used a separate email and made a different account to get the discounted price for the first box again (I know, sue me...). Okay so continuing to the list:

Ipsy

Image result for ipsy
Ipsy is a monthly subscription box that every month sends five different makeup/skincare/beauty products from big name brands. You receive a test size (although some of them seem much more like a full size product!) of the product and it all comes in a cute, reusable makeup bag. When .you make an account you take a little quiz based on your skin/hair type and what sort of products you buy or are interested in. This helps the company pick five products that are catered to you specifically. The monthly cost for this subscription is $10 a month and the first month is free! 

Dollar Shave Club


Image result for dollar shave club
This is one of my favorite subscription boxes because of the quality of it. In addition to this, I like it because the website allows you to create an account and if you don't need the products in your box every month, then you can extend it to be shipped with up to four months in between. Price for this subscription depends entirely on what products you want to receive and there are lots to choose from such as razors, razor blade refills, exfoliating scrubs, and even beard balm. Upon first becoming a member, you can get your first trial box that includes a scrub, shaving cream, lotion, and a razor with two refill blades for only $5.

JustFab 

Image result for just fab
While not exactly a box of multiple things like the other two, JustFab is a subscription service that sells shoes. When a member of this subscription service, you can get discounted prices for all different types of shoes once a month. Upon becoming a member your first pair of shoes (doesn't matter what kind they are) is only $10. What I like about this service is that it is so easy to skip a month or two in between if you don't want shoes. Or, like me, cancel it right after I receive the first discounted pair of shoes. I think the quality of these shoes are okay, but they have great styles for sandals that aren't that expensive. 


I think subscription services are great and some of them can be really handy. And while some might say that signing up for them for the first discount and then cancelling is cheating the system a little bit, these companies make the price lower for a reason and customers should be able to try something out before committing to purchase every month. There are so many other subscription boxes out there right now, as they are sort of becoming a fad. I would definitely recommend checking them out and seeing if possibly they might work for you and your budget. And if not, you can always cancel! :)

Comments

Popular Posts